Amazingly Embarrasing
Srsly.
Jobu and I went to beautiful downtown Lawrence, Kansas for a birthday party on Saturday night. I was given not just directions, but the exact address, and it was one of those lovely occasions where there's a Google Map street-level view of the house - that is to say, I've seen the house before I've even been there.
Problem is, I'm basically night-blind, and it had been raining. When we arrive in Lawrence and go to designated party area, I believe at one point that I've found the house. I pull into driveway (in order to back out and park neatly in the street) and there's a huge picture window on the front of the house, with the shade rolled all the way up. There are a few people in the house - none I recognize - and a woman very clearly wrapped up in a towel (think immediately post shower). I back up and begin to freak out.
I've just pulled into her driveway (and now I'm not certain if it's the house I want or not, and moreover, I don't know if it's worse if it's the house I want or not) and flashed all the guests with my headlights and then VROOM - I'm off like some drive-by pervy weirdo.
We circled the block - me trying to figure out why anyone parades about in front of a picture window that faces a fairly major street in the near-nude, and Joe lapsing into some kind of fit from the laughter. Apparently I made a face.
Turns out, it was the right house. I had to go back. I had to meet Naked Girl. Apparently, she does this all the time. Who knew?
Jobu and I went to beautiful downtown Lawrence, Kansas for a birthday party on Saturday night. I was given not just directions, but the exact address, and it was one of those lovely occasions where there's a Google Map street-level view of the house - that is to say, I've seen the house before I've even been there.
Problem is, I'm basically night-blind, and it had been raining. When we arrive in Lawrence and go to designated party area, I believe at one point that I've found the house. I pull into driveway (in order to back out and park neatly in the street) and there's a huge picture window on the front of the house, with the shade rolled all the way up. There are a few people in the house - none I recognize - and a woman very clearly wrapped up in a towel (think immediately post shower). I back up and begin to freak out.
I've just pulled into her driveway (and now I'm not certain if it's the house I want or not, and moreover, I don't know if it's worse if it's the house I want or not) and flashed all the guests with my headlights and then VROOM - I'm off like some drive-by pervy weirdo.
We circled the block - me trying to figure out why anyone parades about in front of a picture window that faces a fairly major street in the near-nude, and Joe lapsing into some kind of fit from the laughter. Apparently I made a face.
Turns out, it was the right house. I had to go back. I had to meet Naked Girl. Apparently, she does this all the time. Who knew?


3 Comments:
Made a face? Made a face? While I'm described as lapsing into some kind of fit? Oh, revisionist history!
Very well, it's your blog. I'll not contradict you.
How can you be surprised by a girl in a towel after you've seen a girl piss herself in a closet and make out with a tween.
What else does one wear to a birthday party, but a birthday suit? I once went to a party where they said kids were welcome. Later on in the evening, we heard that a stripper was part of the entertainment. So, the mom's and I packed up the kiddies in a van, drove around, came back about an hour later. Upon our return, the windows were all steamed up and people were flocking the residence. It turned out, after the stripper, the wife did her own stripper routine. People are bizarre.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home