LML: Now With Pictures and Links! Holy Crap, Batman!
it occurs to me that not only am i already planning for a vacation that is a month away, i'm already trying to decide what to be for halloween. the thing is, i don't even know where i'm going on halloween yet. i suppose the point is being someone you're not for awhile. is it weird for a full-grown adult to be so into halloween still?i've always loved halloween, from watching little kids get completely spazzed out at the promise of free candy by the mile, to the weird ass scene in the bars, and costume contests, and how the film/theater/actor friends of mine really really shine on that night. and as it turns out, i can sew pretty well, so really, i'm set. just as soon as i make up my mind.
there's always the halloween party at my buddy reech's place. it's always a good time, lots of silliness and this amazing concoction he calls "rocket sauce".
perhaps i'm really just excited at the prospect of autumn setting in eventually. i despise kansas summers, except late at night. the humidity is still there, but the air cools to a point that you almost feel like you're wading in very light water, and it's a little intoxicating. but it's probably best that the summer's ending, because i do the lawn mowing around here, and the picture above shows my tanning ability pretty clearly.
the best costumes i've ever seen were at my roommate's brother's (niece's nephew's 2nd cousin twice removed's next-door-neighbor's) house party: all of the ghostbusters (complete with light-up proton packs), H.I. from raising arizona (lanky man in hawaiian shirt, pantyhose on head, with a bag of huggies under his arm), and at least three Bettie Pages. the worst one goes to lil bro, who showed up to our own costumed house party wearing a t shirt that said "COSTUME" on it. alas...
good
bad
hilarious
now back to regularly scheduled homework.
AA


14 Comments:
I have so many dreams about Halloween parties that I've tried to look it up on several Dream Dictionaries to see what it means. I've been unsuccessful.
I adore Halloween. It was our first Halloween in our house last year. The former owners had a basketball hoop that we never use, so I constructed a witch and stuck her in the hoop, as if she fell from the sky.
This year, I am going to construct some pumpkin head ghosts with strobe lights inside.
I must upload my pictures from last year. All the other kids were Disney Princesses or some other licensed character. My daughters were a ghost and a pumpkin. I'm a traditionalist.
As a brit I've never been into the halloween thing. The only time I really dressed up was as the Pope - cigs, bottles o' wine, beer, etc. (Rest to imagination). So I can't really get to grips with thinkin about it so far in advance - tho i realize you're in a line of work where you have to foresee the ups (hehehe) and downs of the future seasons.
That you in the photo?
You must be the type that gets ready for Christmas in October. Thinking about Halloween -- now?
Not just beaten up by girls. No! Not just girls! Not just any girls! Beauty School Girls.
(Singing "Beauty School Dropout")
What does LML mean? Even TLA Man doesn't know.
LML = Lithium Motor Lodge. I thought you had, like, mad brains, JJ.
Kidding.
I thought my costume that said "costume" was effing brilliant.
Doh! Exposed.
ubie: i think a lot of the fun in some holidays is watching other people's reaction to it. working in my industry can be a little trying at xmas, but a lot of times, you get the unexpected pleasure of being santa to someone. also, tips. especially tips that come in a bottle, are not unusual, and in fact welcomed. think of me on the holidays..i'll be out there freezing my ass off somewhere.
cali: you're a laff riot! yep, that's me. and you really should go to some wierd-ass college town someday on halloween. or the NCAA playoffs. it's better than mardi gras.
neil: it's the one i seem to enjoy the most. xmas sneaks up on me. the holiday bonus doesn't usually come through til about the 20th, so that's when i jump into the shopping. too many years in retail maybe poisoned it for me. so i have my decorate-the-house, get-dressed-up, invite-people-in holiday a couple months early.
'sides which, if i'm gonna fit into those wonder woman tights, i need to adjust my workout accordingly.
JJ: precisely the song i found myself singing after i read it.
and griff: the fact that it falls in autumn is likely about half the reason i love it so much. i like the way the air smells in autumn. can't wait..
nick: you're a dork.
You're never too old to get dressed up for halloween, and my friends and I knew exactly who we are going to be on Nov 1st. This is last years photo and a hint :) http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos.php?uid=486344
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ok ok ok, I swear i got it this time, disregard the other posts
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/44/36/486344/9499207256997l.jpg
I LOVE Halloween! My mom always made creative costumes for us growing up. I still get just as excited, I love being someone else for the night.
Last Halloween I was the only girl in Vegas not wearing some skanked out Playboy Bunny or Little Bo Beep get up....I went white trash. Leggins, crazy goodwill shirt, flip flops, curlers in my hair, black eye with makeup and hot pink lipstick jammed in my teeth. I looked so terrible some of my own friends didn't recognize me, but I was comfortable and I had a damn good time!
Oh Oh Oh Im going as either a giant Box o' Wine complete with spiget or Tron! Actually who knows cause I never get ready until two hours before the party. The costume contests are always great plus its funny to see a giant pooltable drinking a budlight.
I want to go as a demonic Madge from the Palmolive commercial and stick people's hands in a bowl of red sticky goo and say, "You're soaking in it!" and laugh fiendishly.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home