for a friend
Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb - born with a weak heart
(So I) guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet on the ground
Head in the sky
It's ok I know nothing's wrong . . nothing
Hi yo I got plenty of time
Hi yo you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up say goodnight . . . say goodnight
Home - is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home she lifted up her wings
Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be . . . where I'll be
these are some of the lyrics of my fave song, and tonight i send it out as i can to a friend who needs friends. people, please reassure him that not everything that happens is his fault and not everything that happens is bad.
please please, tell my friend that he has friends.
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb - born with a weak heart
(So I) guess I must be having fun
The less we say about it the better
Make it up as we go along
Feet on the ground
Head in the sky
It's ok I know nothing's wrong . . nothing
Hi yo I got plenty of time
Hi yo you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up say goodnight . . . say goodnight
Home - is where I want to be
But I guess I'm already there
I come home she lifted up her wings
Guess that this must be the place
I can't tell one from another
Did I find you, or you find me?
There was a time Before we were born
If someone asks, this where I'll be . . . where I'll be
these are some of the lyrics of my fave song, and tonight i send it out as i can to a friend who needs friends. people, please reassure him that not everything that happens is his fault and not everything that happens is bad.
please please, tell my friend that he has friends.


16 Comments:
You have friends! Unless you're Karl Rove. You're not Karl Rove, are you? Okay, good.
Then, you are loveable.
Hang in there. There are a lot of good people feeling down and blaming themselves. Hang in there and know people care. I'll be thinking of you.
I'm sure you have friends, and if not I will be your long distance one.
I with ubie though, if you are karl rove, or that cunt-wad Ann Coulter then no dice.
Its so totally not your fault, it cant be. Its mine
We seem to have a good "loving you unless you are a conservative figure-head" thing going on, which is pretty much already my basic policy for liking people. I will be your friend unless you are Karl Rove, Ann Coulter or Stephen Harper. When I feel down, I like to think about how much worse someone else has it. That usually makes me feel better. Or maybe the word is superior. Then I eat some ice cream.
It's been a bad winter. I don't know why.
But you have friends. Sometimes it's hard for us to what is special about us, but trust me it is there. And there are people who need you even though you might never notice it.
And be glad you're not Karl Rove, or Ann Coulter, or Stephen Harper.
or calzone, because he readily admits it's his fault and i believe him.
I'm prone to motion sickness. I learned a trick from figure skaters. Pick a stationary point and stay focused on it. (In the case of the skaters, they snap their heads around a little bit).
I treat depression the same way. I try not to get too caught up in today, and picture another (specific) day in the near distance. The chosen day can stay, always, at the horizon.
But today is just a day. There are always better days.
We all care! And even if we are a bunch of fuckwits, our hearts are in the right place. There is no way that everything is your fault - no way. We all know it's Bush's fault. And Rove. And Rumsfeld. I'm telling you, I blame the whole administration for all of this depression going around.
Please come by and visit our blogs for some laughs - then you will see that not only have you made a lot of new ridiculously silly friends, but that it really is going to be ok.
I love you and your friend. But mostly I love your friend.
Wait.
No.
I love Calzone.
But that doesn't mean I can't love another, does it?
Calzone, three-way?
Too true. Looking ahead is unwise in its exhaustiveness - like looking down pre-bungee jump.
Forgiving yourself is one of the last humane things humans learn to do, if ever. But you've held someone up before. That's why someone is doing the same for you. If you still have a soul like this in your life, you've done something right. Stick with that. I know I have to, as I wade through my darkest days...
And knitty, you just crack my shit up.
Thank you all very much. I actually have enjoyed all of your blogs before, and the kindness helps alot.
And as for Karl Rove, if that mutha ever steps to me, I'll slap-jack his briskett, philly-style.
Thanks again.
we aim to please!
Jazzbone!
Sac! You fuck! Explain your lack of presence last night. I was disappointed.
Where you been ginonymous? I miss you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home