woo! Kansas for Obama, Obama in Kansas
So I go fetch my paper off the floor in the living room (Jobu leaves early and is kind enough to bring it in for me) and sit down to munch a Hot Pocket and read about the news of the world. Seems Senator Obama is going to be in El Dorado tomorrow, and it's a free gig, all you have to do is RSVP.Which I tried to do by phone, but the mailbox was full (big surprise there). So when I got into work, I found the website and signed up, for myself and two friends, and am now trying to come up with a valid excuse for leaving work for several hours. I'm not even sure I need an excuse, to be perfectly honest, but I'd love any suggestions..
This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing. Candidates never come to Kansas, because Kansas has it's head up it's ass, politically. We're the home of Intelligent Design, the reason for the invention of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, also the Westboro Baptist Church and their adversaries, the Patriot Guard. We have one liberal city, which seems like a nice thing only so far as when they meddle in peoples' lives, they at least pick things I agree with. We still bus to integrate. The cities annex land north and south of the roads, and no one takes care of the roads. I wouldn't come here if I were a candidate because there aren't enough people to make a real difference.
This time, though, we have someone who has ties to Kansas, and is making multiple stops here. We have someone who doesn't assume we're all going to vote for the Republican, and I'm all for it. I want to go and see him because I want to, and also, I want to see who else is out there ostensibly on my side. I'm also planning on attending my first ever caucus this year, and frankly, I'm excited. I really want to try and be a part of it, because more than I've ever seen before we need change. And we deserve it.
Woo! Hopefully I can slip my surly bonds and go tomorrow. Wish me luck.


6 Comments:
I, of course, will be at work, missing this historic event.
Take pictures.
i shall, provided i can get a seat. while there's an RSVP process, it's first come, first serve...
Can't wait to hear about it!
Senator who?
So how was it?
You know, Obama's never in Illinois anymore.
I think our feelings should be hurt.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home