I'm back!
Not that I left, just that I stopped blogging for awhile, and I apologize for my absence. I'm just not as interesting a person as I used to be, since I stopped being crazy (you know, as a day job).
I just wonder who's really interested in my random thoughts from day-to-day? For instance:
Last night, JoBu and I caught an old episode of South Park, which featured a spoof of the cult film "Heavy Metal" and I got to wondering, who decides what a cult film is? And to my mind, isn't "cult" just another way to say "bad"? Let's discuss..
The first two listed on the filmsite.com's Cult pages are "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (which is depressing) and "Dazed and Confused" (which strictly because of Matthew McI-Can't-Spell-His-Name's accent) is unwatchable. "Rocky Horror" seems to lose its appeal as soon as you turn twenty, or sober up, whichever comes first.
Moving on. On the flip side, I have to admit that I enjoyed "Rock and Roll High School" and "This is Spinal Tap". I think this is because although I will tell you I don't like musicals, I do when they feature Michael McKean or The Ramones. This kind of musical, you'll agree, is a rare bird.
So this is the kind of stuff that fills my mind in my down time. I've been doing a bit of sewing, getting the garden and yard ready for the summer. Working out, trying to be good, etc. etc. I'm just not as prolific a blogger as I used to be. By way of apology, please enjoy this photo of a taco salad that looks like a face:

I just wonder who's really interested in my random thoughts from day-to-day? For instance:
Last night, JoBu and I caught an old episode of South Park, which featured a spoof of the cult film "Heavy Metal" and I got to wondering, who decides what a cult film is? And to my mind, isn't "cult" just another way to say "bad"? Let's discuss..
The first two listed on the filmsite.com's Cult pages are "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (which is depressing) and "Dazed and Confused" (which strictly because of Matthew McI-Can't-Spell-His-Name's accent) is unwatchable. "Rocky Horror" seems to lose its appeal as soon as you turn twenty, or sober up, whichever comes first.
Moving on. On the flip side, I have to admit that I enjoyed "Rock and Roll High School" and "This is Spinal Tap". I think this is because although I will tell you I don't like musicals, I do when they feature Michael McKean or The Ramones. This kind of musical, you'll agree, is a rare bird.
So this is the kind of stuff that fills my mind in my down time. I've been doing a bit of sewing, getting the garden and yard ready for the summer. Working out, trying to be good, etc. etc. I'm just not as prolific a blogger as I used to be. By way of apology, please enjoy this photo of a taco salad that looks like a face:

Labels: cult films, taco salad


10 Comments:
That taco salad is terrifying.
and it wasn't especially good.
I looked up the actual definition of "cult," thinking it would have something to do with "culture" - but it doesn't. Ah, well. The taco salad looks good . . . .
My husband is unfortunate enough to know every single call-back to Rocky Horror, including the variations from the southeast to the great lakes.
You are correct. Cult=bad.
Taco salads=anticlimactic.
You know how you said you weren't going to get into detail? I'm retarded with curiosity.
I want a monster taco salad.
Your face looks like a taco salad.
Not you Pants.
Although, I've never seen your face so maybe I'm wrong.
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home