Thursday, July 21, 2005

math nerd seeks (apparently blind) nerd

i'm just a little bit uninspired. nothing of real interest has happened lately except..

one of my coworkers said something to me that made me feel remarkably cheap.

and then, incidentally, nick posts about why women pick evil men. it's tremendously odd how the blogs seem to follow the same subjects and such, at least the ones i read.

so there's that.

i try to be good, i try to be myself, more than anything. i'm a nerd, really more of a geek perhaps, but i know more about math than you and your family combined. promise. and i'm a reasonable person. believe me, i've done more than my fair share of introspection lately, and i've come to the conclusion that i'm alright. so how am i to have a healthy relationship with someone else when i'm still learning to live with me? rather, that i'm learning to be okay with me?

so i'm okay. i'm not overcome with self-confidence, but i know who i am, and what my weaknesses are, and i can live with this. i'm convinced i can. so how is it the men around me seem to know exactly how to kick me in the ass? gentlemen, i ask. what's wrong with you lot?

is it not enough to be a genius, and a genuinely caring person, someone who still wants to save the world and believes that it's possible? so i still don't look like jessica simpson. i know what's in the Chicken of the Sea can.

dammit. i'm not looking for a pity party, i'm just responding to what the nick had to say.

anyway, i have to get up in oh, four hours, so i'm going to be frustrated and go to bed. bleh.

12 Comments:

Blogger Fella said...

I was going to write sumfing horribly offensive and then I remembered that there are other wacko's that read this too, so I figured I'd be considerate of them. And you, I guess. But only by happenstance.

You should just marry Tom and get it over with.

Maybe Wichita is the problem. Maybe we should move to Guam or some shit.

1:25 AM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

Yes there is another spectrum indeed. There are many women that are awesome yet they constantly run into dipshits and fuckoffs. Your conundrum is quite puzzling to me though because I have a penis therefore my musings can only afford 10-30 seconds of clear thought processes before a budlight commercial runs through my head.

But back to the topic. If I understand right your posing the opposite of Nicks question on "Why do women pick assholes" therefore your question would be "Why do assholes pick nice girls". Well I can tell you why. It's the same reason us nerds pick nice girls.

But whoa wait a minute does the world revolve around you nice girls? Nope I didnt think you would agree. It really just happens to be that most of the time, during your days at work your surrounded by a buncha franks and beans with an IQ to match.

I can almost bet you five dollars that you will in fact receive more requests for your company in two months than i get in one year. What does this mean? I think it means I need to step up to the plate and start asking ladies out but it also means that, from what i understand, ladies almost never have to ask a dood out.

Unfortunately that means you have to be confronted with assholes more than I have to worry about a bitch asking me out. Theres a formula out there somewhere and I'll start on it soon enough. Till then its off to sleep for me too!

p.s. this comment made hardly any sense to me either but i sure liked the franks and beans part.

1:47 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

tuna?

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't be so bad looking as all that.

I have given up on finding a girlfriend who is both as smart and funny as myself, and also really hot, and actually wants to have the sex with me.

I doubt that witchita is a brain trust any more than vegas is. Maybe either online personals or moving somewhere not quite so out of the way would be helpful....

5:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was going to write something flippant but your post started me thinking about the nature of attraction and I realized that MLA, though definitely a beauty, is not the most beautiful girl I ever dated. She was the girl I fell in love with. If it had been up to me, I probably would have fallen in love with this girl of striking French descent who once lit a cigarette while I was kissing her neck. Ah, good times.

Anyway, it seems like you can't choose who you're going to fall in love with, which in turn means that the only way to bump into that person is to get out there and mix it up.

Also, prospective lovers aren't going to care how much math you know. Not even math nerds will care. They're going to care how you wear your hair and -- I cannot stress this part enough -- how much you don't want them.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Fella said...

Ha! I knew you wasted those 8 years in college! Aren't you jealous that I droped aught. looser!

9:03 AM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

Well said jj and what is it with that part inside us that "get off" on how much they don’t want us. It’s like eating me up right now as I type this! That bitch! How could she not want me!!!! Oh that’s right, it just makes me angry not attracted but you are right because it definitely does something to us men or Pepe Le Pew wouldn’t have been so relatable.

Okay im done, its just too early to start thinking about mating rituals and habits. Blogs shouldn’t be allowed till the lunch hour and im going to write congress. By the way that French girl sounds like a cold barracuda Merreeowwwww!!!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Questions without answers.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's only for the twisted people.

Myself I am a busy dude with a big ego and if a girl doesn't tell me I turn her on more than any man ever has very soon in I lose the interest.

12:08 PM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

dearest nick: thanks for your consideration. ? you're a douche, by the way. yeah, i'll call T and see what he's doing next weekend. Guam's too hot. let's go to BC instead. we can become "farmers"..

CW: nobody ever said i was a nice girl, and i didn't mean to imply that the world revolves around them. simply, i am beginning to believe that only assholes date, normal people get married, and folks like you and i, we die cold and alone, with our hands wrapped tightly around our calculators. our sexy sexy calculators.

fox, cali, steve: whatever it is, it doesn't smell very good, but it's delicious. some things i don't need to know.

mr u: if you have to choose between smart, funny, hot or willing to have sex with you, which is most important in the long run?

jj: always so poignant! flippancy is brilliant. bring it. and check the quote at the bottom of my blog. i live by that.

and it's all really immaterial, as i really want to finish school before i go getting seriously involved with anyone else. i was simply playing at point/counterpoint with nick, and venting a little. blah blah blah..

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, she has to have it all to some degree. There is some point x for each of these values that is sufficient.

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the intelligence and humor requirements I have are probably very high compared to most people, though.

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home