my retail life
i had to clean human feces off the floor in the bathroom at work today. somehow, they had erupted from the toilet, and spread thin like some kind of poo soup all the fuck over the entire bathroom floor. i had to pick out the solids, mop the excess water, then sanitize the whole fucking thing.
then i had to finish my shift.
yay.
then i had to finish my shift.
yay.


10 Comments:
I heard a thing on NPR about how there is a rash of people who like to take a shit in clothing store change rooms...
crazyness.
Imagine what people who work in bars have to clean up.
Poor Gin Gin. I hope you saved some of that sanitization for yourself.
[pins medal on ginonymous]
You are hereby awarded this totally cool honour for being completely fucking ace.
X.
One of my kids peed on the floor today. Not quite the same but I had to clean it up. So we both had to clean up human waste today. Fun fun fun!
I wish you would move somewhere else. Bigger city = more options.
See, and there I was whining about my day. Cleaning up any accidents the dog has or the kids do is about as mush as I can stomach
knitty: for the love of god, why??! i can understand impromptu pillow fights and such, but phantom rashes of shittings?
ubie: i did not opt for bar work. i bleached every exposed area before i went back on the floor, then showered for about 90 minutes when i got home. had extra time for it, since, you know, i didn't have an appetite.
owl: (sob) this is why i'm going back to school. it has nothing to do with self-actualization, everything at this point to do with getting some new thing to do for a living. that hopefully only involves metaphorical shit.
l-l: i just hope it wasn't andy's jetta.
brooke: argh! fucking argh! it's enough, isn't it? don't you think OSHA, who would have a fit if the copier was off-balance (can't have it rolling onto anyone) found out people in general are cleaning up poop? isn't that hazardous? what about the plumber's union? where the hell are they?
sysm: thanks for the sympathy, i guess? where is there no poop? sorry, i'm just stuck on poop. poop poop poop. better than poop stuck to me, i suppose. poop! also, with poop in mind, ask my bro sometime about the paper he wrote on dante's Divine Comedy.
bob: we've all our own unique crosses to bear. i just wish i could shoot the people who bring them to my door.
That paper deserved to be published in some sort of journal. I wish to God I still had it.
No paper should ever be trashed, credible or otherwise. One can always recycle it for some rewarding purpose or another.
kind of reminds me of a meth party I went to (just kidding)... it wasn't a party
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home