I Finally Aged Out of a Demographic. Yay!

I just saw a commercial for "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" - and I realized just how damn old I feel sometimes. This is a movie about things I guess I did about a dozen years ago. Honestly, I think I actually remember doing these things, but only vaugely... I don't expect that the people who made this movie even want my money (can you imagine?) and moreover, I expect they'd even not want to take it for fear of what my old money would do to the new money being brought in by the 'tweens and teens:
Movie Executive: YOU! Get that freaking old, wrinkly money out of here!
Me: ...what? I'm just going to the movies...
Movie Executive: Seriously, you're going to creep out the young, hip ones. They have more disposable income. Shoo! Go pay a bill or something!!
2nd Movie Executive: Yeah! Go pay your 'student loans' or something..
Me: (weeping) I came to see "Zach and Miri Make a Porno" .. I don't even want to see Nick - he's my brother, I have like a dozen pictures of him at home..
Movie Executives: OUT!!
Sigh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home