Wednesday, September 28, 2005

just in case anyone cares

i took most of today off. the plan is to stay in and listen to house music and make this:



(the coat, not the girl, although the pants are tempting)

out of this:



so if you find yourself in lovely downtown wichita today, give me a call. my schedule appears to be pretty devoid of everything for the next few whiles.

9 Comments:

Blogger Modigliani said...

Cool! It's nice to take a day for yourself and just do what you want to do. And the best part is that when you're done you're gonna be STYLIN'! :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Knitty Kitty said...

very cool with the sewing of it all.. I can't move my arms and pump my foot at the same time, so its not for me.. which is why I like knitting... less coordination between hand and foot

2:19 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

i can't make out what the second photo is of. is it an animal?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Maddie said...

Too bad we don't live closer, I would have called in "otherwise" and kept you company. Sew away, I have my knitting.

11:14 PM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

Mo: it's the interesting thing about my schedule. if i go in early enough, i can walk out (with a mostly clear conscience) at 10A, with the remainder of the day for me. ergo, i work, get paid, nap til noon and still have most of the day for me.

i don't even have to think about feeling guilty!

we'll see about the stylin part. hmm....see below.

KK: i'm learning. somewhere between mom, grandma and roomie A, i've learned and taken off in my own direction. i can't knit. i have tried and end up with elegant and simply un-doable knots. alas.

cali: it's a synthetic fur, it's very in this fall. this one reminds me of the texture of cookie monster, in a pale sagey green color. feels like a particularly soft shaggy dog. i can only imagine that i'll be the height of fashion in my green-cookie-monster-dog coat.

MP: i am all about calling in "otherwise" once in a while. i love love the fall in kansas. open the windows and doors and let the cats wander. enjoy the smell of the air, and do what suits.

makes me want to road trip.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Loz said...

the yeti look is so in right now.
i'm just jealous because i can't sew in a straight line. i made these awful calico curtains once, each of them accidentally a different length and none of them pretty.

6:09 AM  
Blogger CheyenneWay said...

sweet coat! you'll be needing it soon if whichita is as nipply as lawrence today.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

AA, I am jealous. I cannot throw off the shackles of consumerist culture if I cannot sew. Alas, I cannot.

Perhaps I could trade your sewing skills for my cooking skills?

7:54 AM  
Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

I've recently assembled fur curtains throughout the McDougal compound.

They create a very warm, Elvinian feel to the place.

I used shitzus in the living room, but obviously not the kitchen.

There, I used yak.

They go perfectly with my elephant leg umbrella holder.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home