Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It's a good thing I like Pepsi and Miles is already dead..

Joe here, by proxy of Gin who may or may not insert various and sundry
commentary along the way of this diatribe in a certain editorial
capacity.

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

This angered me no end. Are you telling me that somehow, some
dick-brained fool decided that it would be somehow socially acceptable
to induct both Miles Davis and fucking Lynrd Skynrd to the Rock & Roll
Hall of Fame at the same time, thus somehow lending credence (pun not
intended, but perhaps apt nevertheless) to the latter from the
colossal achievements of the former (I don't count the late 80's stuff
with Cyndi Lauper, and by rights, I don't think anyone else does
either)?

Someone is really going to stand up in front of the world, in front of
music critics, musicians, human beings (many of whom are at least
partially educated), and most importantly, their own hideous deformed
soul reflected through their horrible, unseeing eyes that are the
stained and shit-smeared window thereto, and actually say, even if
only in utterly fool-hardy and sadly yet profusely overflowing with
idiotic retardation implication, that a few trailer-park anthems (Free
Bird, What's Your Name, and Swee... God, I'm so appalled that I can't
even type it. It's an epithet.) compares even as a limited and paltry
shadow to Kind of Blue, Seven Steps to Heaven, and Bitch's Brew?

This is it, kids. Pack your shit. This is the final sign. The
downfall of Western Civ. The final descent of Man. If there's
someone you've been meaning to fuck or kill (or both), and just
haven't screwed up the courage or found the time, get to it.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Me, I got 'em. I'm gonna go smoke 'em.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ubermilf said...

What else is new?

People like crap.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

You seem distressed.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you think of the Pistols refusing to accept their Hall of Fame Award? I liked them, they had their place in the annals (that's two n's there BTW) of history but old Johnny boy should have just refused the nomination like Ozzy did all those years and not pull a George C. Scott and refuse the damn thing at the last minute

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home