Thursday, October 06, 2005

a kitten to dispell the darkness


that occasionally floats o'er my blog. see how fuzzy and sweet? try to keep that image in mind, for in a year, they'll be pooping in your good shoes.

roomie A and i both appear to be coming down with the flu. i think we're going to hole up with some beers (drown the flu, right?), and wait for the US military to come quarantine us.

if this is the superflu, do you find yourself drawn to Boulder, or Las Vegas?

13 Comments:

Blogger Maddie said...

Someone at work was talking about the superflu today. I said something like, "I should be so lucky." They didn't think it was very funny.

I want a kitten.

4:09 PM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

they clearly need a dose of humor.

i tell you what, tho..pick up the newest national geographic and read the article about the avian flu in asia. that is some scary shiat.

only problem with kittens is that they grow into mean little fuzzbutts. that eat my ferns.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

I'm scared of that avian flu, too.

I hope you have a quick recovery if you do in fact have a flu (but not this scary flu).

11:20 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

You can't just pick up a copy of National Geograpic. It's a members only magazine. You have to be an elitist, like AA or me.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

My kitten will NOT grow into a mean fuzzbutt! I don't have any ferns.

I hope your cold gets better. Let's not get too excited about this flu. We don't even know if it's going to spread here, or in what form.

Have your bro bring you chicken soup and echinacea. And orange juice, not from concentrate. And one of those foot bath thingys that bubble. And movies to watch while you get better.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boulder, definitely. Better to be a shark among tuna than the other way around.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

kittens are wetahded.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Pirate said...

Boulder dear sister. Mama be callin me. And i just left my dead girlfriend in the sleeping bag.

3:24 PM  
Blogger yournamehere said...

jj,
did you just pick Boulder over Vegas? I thought you were a guy. My mistake. All of this time I've been responding to your comments under the assumption that you were of the male gender. I meant no offense, and I'm genuinely sorry for the confusion, missy.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Loz said...

we're a little worried about asian bird flu as well. we're kind of next door to the damn place. it might not actually mutate into human flu, but if it does it's going to kill millions and millions.
hence my premonition that it's going to be what kills me, shortly.

2:28 AM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

mona: not really scared, just a little confused as to why the gubmint would assign more power to the military in case of pandemic, rather than alloting more money to medical research.

and a pandemic is, by definition, global, so more confusion. where in the hell are we sending the military (even hypothetically) now?

ubie: honest to god, a kitten is the most fun thing on earth. but they do have a tendency to, ya know, grow up and get moody. how like people. in the interim, yay!

JJ: i really think boulder as well. that laura giacomi-whatever always creeped me out.

pirate: M-O-O-N, that spells too much information. see you in the mountains!

YNH: jj is a man, baby. and he'll be our man in boulder. we'll send postcards.

loz: i can see why australia would be a little more unnerved at an asian flu than i would, here in the heart of kansas. but hey! you guys probably have democracy, and evolution, so there's that. plus, if you get the flu (super or no) doesn't it imply a day off of work?

7:31 AM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

It's hilarious. Bush thinks he's going to fight a global war on viruses with guns. He's going to round em up, git em ohn the run, smoke em out, and shoot em. Dang viruses. Now watch this drive.

Sorry you're poorly. Keep away from the cat. Cat's have cat flu...

5:21 AM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I love that picture.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home