Saturday, October 15, 2005

so i went out for a smoke

and came back a week later. that's really what happened.

okay, no it's not. but the truth is much sadder: nothing of interest happened this week. nada. i got up, went to work, went to the gym, went back to work, watched some TV, drank some beers, nothing.

i have an interview with a high-ranking mucky muck at work this coming week, everyone cross your fingers. also, the kansas powerball has reached 300 million. so if you pass your luck and good karma on to me, for just a few days, i may be able to pay you back in kind. and by "in kind", i mean with a new ugly-ass hybrid vehicle. and a lifetime subscription to "the nation". plus, barbeque. i'll have it mailed to your house.

so i'm going back to fret over my resume a little longer today, then perhaps i'll make some dorky handicrafted thing this evening while i snort about the superiority of old SNL to new SNL to my roomie. who brought home doughnuts this morning. that shit.

so as you can see, my life is a nonstop whirlwind of excitement and adventure.

i also bought myself a digital camera, so please expect photographic evidence of said E & A.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

I have all my fingers crossed for you and my mental waves are set toward Kansas. I don't recall if you mentioned that before, but I have spent most of my childhood and some of my adulthood in Kansas City. Missouri and Kansas. Even lived on State Line Road.

I might need to split that 300 mill with ya, I've got my Powerball tickets, too.

Can't wait to hear about the interview. And all the rest of your E & A.

6:50 AM  
Blogger MoMo said...

Hey, your week was just like mine! Well, except for the beer bit.
I think i used up allotment of luck, but i'll look for some karma to send you - *looks around* where'd i put the little fucker?

I was watching some of "The Best of David Spade!" (LOL!) on SNL last night. I have to believe that the current show is better than then. Of course both sets pale into insignificance compared to the Belushi/Murray/Radner years.

Good luck with the interview.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you win the Powerball I won't do anything crass like jump in and declare myself your bestest of best friends... but I may be offering my Love Slave duties really cheap

8:15 AM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

i was talking to a friend of mine this weekend and she suggested this for my (inevitable) powerball winnings:

give it as an endowment to some weird little hippy-like liberal arts college, then declare ourselves professors, work up to presidents of said college, then give all of our more "reasonable" friends jobs as profs.

mona, you get social sciences.
cali, i think you're down with the chem and phys?
mq, you're film and creative writing
and i'll take math.

and we'll all live happily ever after.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

What do I get?

1:18 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

You get to be my TA. If you're lucky.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home