Thursday, July 14, 2005

shame

alright, i'm gonna get off topic a bit here, and dispense with the capital letters. what i want to discuss tonight has not a thing to do with mental health, politics, or nick's pants.

i'm a terrific audiophile, i love music and happen to think i have pretty good, relatively eclectic taste in music, and yet..yet. there are some songs in my beloved iTunes playlist that i wouldn't want people in general to associate with me.

what's the most painful, shameful CD or tune in your collection? anonymous posts are fine with me if it's that bad. alright people, it's group hug time. let this dirty secret out of your closets.

regularly scheduled programming will return whenever.

and to kick off the festivities, mine is Roxette's "Joyride"

14 Comments:

Blogger MoMo said...

Wish I could help out, but I'm sooo damn cool that there's no way I'd have anything embarrassing on my playlist. (Okay, I'm kidding). I can't come up with a specific song, but, as an afficionado of trance, I've downloaded some seriously bad euro-trance songs.
*waves hands in air with apathy*.

(Just caught up on your blog - have a comment on that wonderful quote and follow up post, which can wait till later.)

1:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stand back, the radius of this may lay you low for miles: Neil Diamond. Lots of Neil Diamond songs. I can pretend not to like him, but as soon as I hear, "Cracklin' Rose you're a store bought woman," I run out and join a Neil Diamon tribute band.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

At the risk of opening myself up to substantial ridicule, I must admit this: I own Culture Club's "Greatest Hits" album.

In my defense, I bought it for nostalgia purposes, it was in the clearance bin and I never listen to it.

Please don't hurt me.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Culture Club only had one hit. That must have been a very cheap or very short album.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

JJ, clearly you are mistaken.

Karma Chameleon
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me
I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Time (a clock in your heart)
War War is Stupid
And that's without looking

12:50 PM  
Blogger MoMo said...

"Do you really want to hurt me" was agreat song - nothing to be ashamed of there, uber.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't make a mistake, Uber, I just remembered a correct subset of the truth.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Spirit Of Owl said...

" I didn't make a mistake ... I just remembered a correct subset of the truth."
This is exactly why there are so many wars. :D

Anyway, my collection includes Iron Maiden's early classic works such as "Iron Maiden", "Killers" and "Number of the Beast". I have Saxon's "The Eagle has Landed" and every single album recorded by Rush from 1972 through to 1994.

How d'ya like them apples? And trust me, that's just for starters. LOL

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot all the Rush on iTunes. Which is cheesier, Diamond or Rush?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

I've got you all beat!

Ace of Base - Happy Nation

Yeah! Eat it, anyone who never knew the joys of "The Sign"

3:45 PM  
Blogger ginonymous said...

wow! fun. cali's back! how was tennessee?

jj..i know the neil diamond bug. with me, it's "sweet caroline" and i happen to think the world of rush. my bass teacher was quite an optimist, my first week of lessons he decided he was going to teach me YYZ. yeah.

the jury's still out for me on the culture club. nostalgia for me is Rockell's "Somebody's Watching Me" and Sly Foxx "Let's Go All the Way"..both of which i heard on the way home from work, thank you XM.

and nick, you "win", methinks.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Ubermilf said...

Well, SOMEBODY buys Lionel Ritchie, Celine Dion and Warrant.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Fella said...

What's wrong with Warrant?

God Damn Alliteration.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

REO Speedwagon.

There. I said it.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home